Translate

Saturday, January 24, 2015

5hVnz Song of the Month...

Tangerine Dream; Making Love on a Real Train...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1EmTy7tOdQ

Tangerine Dream Founder Edgar Froese Dead at 70

"We don't like what we do to be called 'electronic music,'" Froese explained during one of Tangerine Dream's early '90s tours of North America. "We are people making music, not machines. We are writing songs and compositions and then translate them with synthesizers...but also other instruments. I like to play guitar too." Edgar Froese

Risky Business (1983) Tom Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay

"The dream is always the same. Instead of going home, I go to the neighbors'. I ring, but nobody answers. The door is open, so I go inside. I'm looking around for the people, but nobody seems to be there. And then I hear the shower running, so I go upstairs to see what's what. Then I see her; this... girl, this incredible girl. I mean, what she's doing there I don't know, because she doesn't live there... but it's a dream, so I go with it. "Who's there?" she says. "Joel," I say. "What are you doing here?" "I don't know what I'm doing here; what are *you* doing here?" "I'm taking a shower," she says. Then I give her: "You want me to go?" "No," she says; "I want you to wash my back." So now, I'm gettin' enthusiastic about this dream. So I go to her, but she's hard to find through all the steam and stuff; I keep losing her. Finally I get to the door... and I... find myself in a room full of kids taking their college boards. I'm over three hours late; I've got two minutes to take the whole test. I've... just made a terrible mistake. I'll never get to college. My life is ruined."

"Joel, you wanna know something? Every now and then say, "What the fuck." "What the fuck" gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future."

...and that's a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment